Saturday, June 09, 2007

RIP Red Rocket, 2000-07

After 7 years and 115,000+ km its all over. This morning, just before noon, the Red Rocket was smashed into by a white falcon which lost control when turning into Carillon from City Rd. I was completely oblivious to the RR's fate, having left it parked in Carillon at about 11pm last night. The first I knew about its unexpected demise was when John Woodhouse came knocking on my door asking "Do you own SSB 219? I have bad news for you mate..." Proceeding downstairs this was the sad sight which greeted me:


The tow-truck guy said "yeah, NRMA will write that off". So that's it. I will cherish the memories, such as the late night tours of Sydney with various friends from different circles, and that time a youth group kid knocked me over with my own car.
Vale my friend, you served your master well.

3 comments:

jodi said...

oh marty that's terrible! hope the insurance company does well for you and you get a fair price

Justin said...

Naaa. This is good news, guaranteed.

THe only loser here is the NRMA policy holder, who shall cop the damage in the next premium hike.

Dave Miers said...

lest we forget